With songs, appearances, performances, speeches and statements Jermaine Jackson contributed to numerous charity organizations and awareness programs to give back and to make the world a better place.
Just to name a few contributions...
- On March 29th, 1991 Jermaine delivers an anti-drug speech as Project PAY’s featured speaker at the annual AEA spring break week in front of nearly 1,000 students at South Highland Community Center in Anniston, Alabama.
- Jermaine helps grant the wish of a 12-year old chronically ill girl Erin Bascomb of Lawrence, NJ whose dream was to see The Jackson Family perform live by giving her a ticket to The Jackson Family Honors show in Atlantic City in December of 1993. Jermaine is co-executive producer of The Jackson Family Honors special for NBC, which benefited charities.
- Jermaine and Lindsay Korman participate in Celebrity Distribute Food to Los Angeles Needy F.a.m.e. Church in Los Angeles in 2000.
- Jermaine plays golf for charity at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa in June of 2000.
- In 2000, Jermaine Jackson lend his voice and participation to official fundraising project of the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games Wave To The World project. The music video of the song "The Spirit of Life" features various artists including Jermaine and his family members, including Rebbie and Michael, and was shown during commercials to promote the message of the Paralympic athletes to the world.
- On August 1st, 2001, Jermaine is on site at the opening of the first ABC in the outskirts of Nairobi, Kenya. The center that also has an intensive care facility and training center opened with sixteen babies being cared for and more are being admitted each week.
- On September 8th, 2001, Jermaine works hand-in-hand with other special guests to distribute food and necessities to needy children and assist nearly 900 impoverished families in Washington Heights.
- On April 4th, 2002, Jermaine and his son Jermaine II and daughter Autumn, draw a crowd of locals at Norwalk's Continental Manor to speak at the annual Norwalk Emergency Shelter Benefit Dinner.
- Jermaine attends the 1st annual Golden Youth Awards Gala and poses with the Golden Youth Award Winners on on December 7th, 2002.
- Jermaine attends a gala dinner to raise funds for charity organization "A Place Called Home" on September 29th, 2003 in Los Angeles, California.
- On December 1st, 2003, Jermaine speaks at World AIDS Day Observed At United Nations press conference at United nations headquarters in New York where the "Battle of Hope" was announced, a World AIDS Day boxing match and concert to be held in Abuja, Nigera on January 10th, 2004.
- In December 2003, Jermaine teams up with the United Nations and ADF (African Diaspora foundation) to travel to Nigeria, Africa for three days of meetingswith people from the government and healthcare regarding a collaborative future. Read more about this trip.
- On April 19th, 2004, Jermaine is in Manama to promote understanding between Muslims and his fellow Americans and speaks about Islam and U.S. 'adventures' in Iraq to enthusiastic audiences at Koranic centers and universities in the Gulf Arab state of Bahrain.
- On 5 February 2007, Jermaine Jackson kicks off 'NOBULL' anti bullying campaign at Forches Primary School, Barnstaple, North Devon.
- Jermaine attends the Muslim Aid News Conference at London Muslim Centre in London in Great Britain on April 3rd, 2007.
- Jermaine attends and performs at the Annual UNESCO Gala at the Maritim Hotel in Germany on May 12th, 2007.
- Jermaine visits the Abandoned Babies Shelter on June 12th, 2008.
- Jermaine is a speaker at the Global Peace and Unity event (watch part 1 and part 2) in 2008 to speak about his beliefs in interviews to help bridge the gap between the East and the West and spread awareness of Arab and Islamic culture.
- In April 0f 2009, Jermaine attends the launch and charity gala dinner of OrphanCare where he pleasantly surprises guests with an impromptu speech in support of OrphanCare.
- On October 5th, 2009 Jermaine attends a fashion show organized to pay tribute to the victims of 2008’s terrorist attacks in Mumbai, presenting a creation by designer and friend Rajesh Aiya.
- On November 14, 2009 Jermaine attends the Unesco Charity Gala 2009 at the Maritim Hotel in Dusseldorf, Germany where Jermaine also performs.
- Jermaine and his brother Randy attend the Children Uniting Nation’s conference at Georgetown’s Neyla Restaurant on July 20th, 2010 where Jermaine also performs “Smile” and talks about how plans to help children’s causes, and why Michael would favor their support of Children Uniting Nations.
- Jermaine performs "Smile" at Phill Collin's Little Dreams Foundation 10th anniversary charity event in Geneva, Switzerland on October 21st, 2010.
- Jermaine commemorates the second anniversary of his brother Michael's death with a special performance appearing alongside Indian performer Sonu Nigam on
- June 24th. 2011 at the IIFA Rocks charity event in Toronto.
- Jermaine attends the Starlite Charity Gala at the Hotel Villa Padierna in southern
- Spain near Marbella on August 6th, 2011. Jermaine is honored with the Humanitarian Award and performs “Smile” at the event.
- Jermaine attends the Noble Gift Gala on December 10th, 2011 at the Dorchester hotel in London. The event is held in the spirit of empowering women and children around the world.
- In 2011, Jermaine lends his voice to charity World Stars For Kids charity single "A Merry Christmas".
- Jermaine attends a charity night of The Little Dreams Foundation on April 19th, 2012 in Istanbul, Turkey where Jermaine performs “Do What You Do”.
- Jermaine performs at the 18th annual Music Festival for Mental Health at Staglin Family Vineyard in Rutherford, California on September 15th, 2012.
- Jermaine pays a visit to the OrphanCare Foundation’s baby hatch which rescues abandoned babies on December 12th, 2012.
- In 2013, Jermaine teams up with Sam Barnett to paint pearls for Barnett’s company Pearllargo to be auctioned for charity, using their profiles to raise millions of dollars for charity.
- In 2013, Jermaine launches and endorses the charity project VITÁ water. For every 31 bottles of the naturally alkaline, electrolyte-rich spring water sold, Vita provides clean drinking water to one person for 20 years.
- Jermaine attends the SOS Animal gala in Marbella, Spain on June 8th, 2014 where he performs “Smile”, “Do What You Do” and “I’ve Got Your Under My Skin”. He also visits an animal shelter in Marbella.
- On October 31st, 2014 Jermaine and his brothers Jackie, Tito and Marlon visit a children’s orphan charity event.
- On November 1st, 2014 The Jacksons performs at the Foreign Correspondent Club Charity Ball in Hong Kong.
- On November 8th, 2014 Jermaine is a keynote speaker at The Conference on Cultural Diplomacy 2014: “A World without Walls”; Opportunities for Peace Building in a Time of Global Insecurity. Jermaine talks about God, love and says that a passion for positive change in your life are key elements. He also says that respect is what we need to make the world a better place and that respect starts at home.
- In November 2014, Jermaine attends a Clar8ty Event and shares his Calibr8 testimonial. Clar8ty is a community of like-minded people who believe that moving forward toward everything you want in life starts with the choices you make today.
- On March 28th, 2015 Jermaine pays his third visit to Orphancare in Malaysia accompanied by Sultanah of Pahang, Sultanah Kalsom Saturday visiting the Orphancare Foundation.
- On October 4th, 2015, Jermaine joins a special baseball event in Los Angeles for a very special cause to help support the cure and awareness of cancer for kids.
- In 2015, Jermaine participates in another humanitarian initiative called iPandas and writes and records the song charity song “iPandas, I Love You" with his sons Jaafar and Jermajesty.
- The Jacksons including Jermaine perform at the Ronald McDonald House benefit at University at Buffalo Center for the Arts in Buffalo, NY on November 21st, 2015 raising $35,000 for the Buffalo Ronald McDonald house.
- On December 31st, 2015 Jermaine attends a charity event of iPandas for UNICEF at a public school in Hong Kong, China. Along with Chinese artist Niki, Jermaine brings kids New Years gifts, cookies and balloons.
- On January 26th, 2016 the Kawasaki Disease Foundation released the song "ALL 4 U" that features vocals by Jermaine to raise awareness for the Kawasaki Disease.
- Jermaine is in Lagos, Nigeria in April of 2016 to disclose that he plans to build the Jackson Academy Performing Art School in Lagos to raise up musical talents.
- On June 18th, 2016, Jermaine granted the wish of Dylan Kuehl's as part of contributing to Gifts from the Heart for Downs showing Dylan, a young man with the syndrome of Down, around at the Jackson Family home Hayvenhurst, visiting his Mother Mrs Jackson and Dylan showed his art, home-made jewelry and dance moves.
- In September of 2016, Jermaine visits Angola, Africa to meet with people and representatives of charity projects and the government and he expresses to be one of the ambassadors for the promotion of Angola and Angolan culture across borders, and develop philanthropic projects, targeted to the most vulnerable and unprotected sections of Angolan society, including the rights of women and children.
- In 2017, Jermaine lend his support for Adventure of Humanity with a performance at World Peace Night at Villa Oxygène in Cannes, France (24 May) and another performance (27 December) in front of a 47,000 people at Maracanã stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil at the start of the charity football game “Jogo das Estrelas” hosted by Zico.
- On 26 December 2017, Jermaine visited a Ronald McDonald house in Rio de Janeiro bringing toys and gifts for the children and families who are offered living space at the house because they travel far from home and spend several weeks or months to get treatment for their seriously ill or injured children.
Jermaine Jackson founded EarthCare International. It’s purpose was to bring about awareness in caring for the environment, health and children’s issues, especially AIDS.
"The fundamental motivating force in all of EarthCare's activities is the alleviation of human suffering.
God has blessed me and my family with a talent that is accepted all over the world at the highest level
and I want to use that success to influence governments and corporations to do something good for the people."
- Jermaine Jackson
In 2003, Jermaine teams up with the United Nations and ADF (African Diaspora foundation) to travel to Nigeria, Africa in December of 2003 for a three days meeting with Nigeria's Vice President's wife, Mrs. Amina Titi Atiku Abubakar, invites ADF's Ambassador of Goodwill and ADF (African Diaspora Foundation) regarding a collaborative future.
Jermaine and all his seven children made a trip to The Gambia in 2010 to visit his and meet their ancestral roots. Jermaine not only made the documentary Into The Light, he also made the documentary as a Tribute to Michael Jackson for VIBE and he participated in the documentary Kunta Kinteh Island: Coming Home Without Shackles. Besides doing the documentaries talking about his experiences in The Gambia and his ancestral roots, Jermaine performed the show Celebrating 40 Years of Jackson Family Music at the 5th Kanilai International Festival on May 29th, 2010 at Independence Stadium in The Gambia. His band band included three keyboards, three guitars (one of the guitar players was his son Jeremy), four background singers, eight dancers, a drummer, a percussionist and a programmer.
Jermaine Jackson Into The Light Documentary (2010)